Game Designer with twenty plus years of experience, specializing in Level Design and Layout. Worked on several AAA games, focusing on RPG and Action titles. Proficient in multiple 3D layout and modeling tools. Highly creative, dedicated and communicative.
Ignited Artists, San Francisco, California – Senior Systems Designer
December 2015 – March 2016
- Worked on several protoptypes for mobile games before the studio downszied.
Mercenary Technology, San Mateo, California – Contract Level Designer
February 2015 – September 2015
- Did contract work on Call of Duty: Black Ops III for the PS3/XBox 360.
TreSensa, San Francisco, California – Contract Level Designer
March 2015 – March 2015
- Did a short two week contract for TreSensa, doing level design on an upcoming driving game for mobile devices.
Toys for Bob, Novato, California – Contractor
January 2014 – October 2014
- Worked on Skylanders Trap Team, and helped the designers with asset placement to help finish the game.
Ubisoft Entertainment, Quebec City, Quebec – Senior Level Designer
August 2012 – April 2013
- Worked on Assassin’s Creed 3 DLC, creating missions using Anvil.
ArenaNet, Bellevue, Washington – Level Designer
January 2009 – September 2011
- Was one of two level designers on Guild Wars 2 using a proprietary tool. Designed and built three dungeons and all of the PvP maps. Worked on the WvW maps and one of the racial cities. Responsible for half of the PvE maps in the game (sectoring, POI’s, res shrines, etc).
- Created map content for the 4th and 5th year anniversary patches for Guild Wars.
Midway Games, Chicago, Illinois – Senior Game Designer
August 2005 – October 2008
- Contributed to the core game design for an unannounced 3rd person action shooter.
- Created driving missions for The Wheelman using Unreal 3.
- Was a senior designer on John Woo presents: Stranglehold using Unreal 3. Worked primarily on the Chicago levels in the game, including the boss battle.
Playfirst, San Francisco, California – Contract Designer
May 2005 – July 2005
- Created the majority of the levels for the puzzle game Trijinx.
Electronic Arts, Redwood City, California – Designer
July 2003 – February 2005
- Wrote mission designs for The Godfather and used Renderware Studio for map layout.
- Worked on the Minas Tirth level for The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age using LUA and other proprietary tools.
- Created levels (Red Underground, primarily) for 007: Everything or Nothing using Radiant.
Level Designer, 3DO, Redwood City, California
February 2002 – July 2003
- Worked on track design for the motorcycle game Jacked using 3DS MAX before the studio closed.
Designer, Retro Studios, Austin, Texas
April 2001 – July 2001
- Worked on the game Raven Bladeusing Maya before it was canceled.
Level Designer, 3D0, Menlo Park, California
February 2000 – December 2000
- Did level design on Army Men: Sarge’s Heroes 2 using 3DS MAX.
Junior 3D Artist, SSI/Matel, Novato, California
October 1999 – February 2000
- Created low poly models for Panzer General III: Scorched Earth using 3DS MAX.
Level Designer, Crystal Dynamics, Menlo Park, California
November 1997 – November 1998
- Created levels for Akuji the Heartlessusing 3DS MAX.
Game Designer, Psygnosis, San Francisco, California
July 1997 – November 1997
- Was the initial designer for the unreleased game Goblins (working title) before the studio shut down.
Game Designer, Westwood Studios, Las Vegas, Nevada
June 1996 – July 1997
- Created levels for Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny using a proprietary tool.
Junior Designer, Crystal Dynamics, Palo Alto, California
February 1995 – June 1996
- Worked on the unreleased game The Punisher using 3D Studio before the title was canceled.
- Worked on the unreleased game Psycho MOFO, writing game design documents and laying out white box geometry in 3D Studio before the title was canceled.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office tools, most Adobe products, 3DS MAX, Maya, Unreal 3, Radiant, Anvil, LUA and Visual C++.
- Skilled technical writer, capable of writing compelling design documents and fiction.
- Avid player of console, PC, mobile, tabletop RPGs, and board games.
- Film and Theater background from college.
- Greg Smith – Art Director (email@example.com)
Worked together at Mercenary Technology
- Noah Ward – Lead Game Designer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Worked together at Ubisoft.
- William Fairfield – Game Designer (email@example.com)
Worked together at ArenaNet
- Jonathan Cooper – Lead Level Designer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Worked together at Midway Games
- Valerie Rico – Producer (email@example.com)
Worked together at PlayFirst
- Michael Kirkbride – Designer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Worked together at Electronic Arts